Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My dad is 54 years old and losing vision in his right eye. It is milky looking, he says. is it a silent stroke

I am wondering if it is a silent sroke or a retinal stroke. Can somebody tell me the symptoms and treatments for this? Please be serious I am desperate.My dad is 54 years old and losing vision in his right eye. It is milky looking, he says. is it a silent stroke
sounds like cataracts. take the man to see an opthalmologist NOW!! eyesight is very precious and he'll never forgive himself for letting it go away.My dad is 54 years old and losing vision in his right eye. It is milky looking, he says. is it a silent stroke
Has he been to an eye Dr? That's the first thing he needs to do. My ex husband had a cloudy eye, and it was a cataract. It has to get to a certain stage before they can remove it, but it's a very minor thing anymore, so pleeeze, get to an Opthomalogist (sic) About 2 yrs. later, he had another problem, but didn't tell me about it, and didn't see a Dr, and lost his sight in his right eye. I t was macular degeneration. So don't let anything go unchecked!
It sounds like a cataract, which is very common in people past the age of 40. Luckily, it is easily treated with a very quick procedure. I know that you are worried, but I highly doubt it is a stroke or anything to do with his retina. Have your dad see an ophthalmologist to determine what's going on. I work in an ophthalmologists office and we do cataract surgery on a weekly basis.
Could be a cataract which can be removed, get it checked by a good doctor. From http://eye-care.in
He should get it checked as it could just be a cataract which can be removed and sight usually restored,As it doesn't sound like a stroke as with a stroke the clots can block things .
Its impossible to tell what the problem is from the description. There are dozens of different eye problems that could cause milky vision.





Your dad needs to see an eye doctor to determine what problem he has and what treatment can be done.
See someone NOW. My dad is 79yo. He's just had his fifth eye surgery (Glaucoma) - all since he retired 10 years ago. He waited.
SEE AN OPTHAMOLOGIST! Or, if you don't have insurance at least see on optometrist (runs about $50). He absolutely needs it checked out soon!





Excellent chance it's totally something that can easily be remedied. Convince him he needs to go! If he's a diabetic, get him there faster!





Good luck!
maybe just like my sister case,she has CHOROIDAL HEMANGIOMA her right eye is same as your dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color