Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lazy eye? what do they look like? Do I have one?

People keep askng if I have a lazy eye. It's kind of like my right eye is weird. When I look in the mirror it some times is normal but other times it looks slightly outward bit arebt lazy eyes inwards??. I've been covering my good eye to strengthen my lazy eye but I don't know if it's working. It's geting to the point where I'm really embarrassed. What can I do?????Lazy eye? what do they look like? Do I have one?
A pure lazy eye (amblyopia) is invisible to an observer.


It is only a deveopmental condition of th eretinal nerves, leading to poor acuity.





It is not an eye turn or a droopy lid, (strabismus, ptosis.)


but you can have both in the same eye, which is where the confusion tends to arise.





There is no way to advise on best treatment without a proper examination to determine your exact binocular and refractive state.


It's far too individual. Patching will do nothing for a turn.Lazy eye? what do they look like? Do I have one?
What is Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)?


Amblyopia, commonly known as lazy eye, is the eye condition noted by reduced vision not correctable by glasses or contact lenses and is not due to any eye disease. The brain, for some reason, does not fully acknowledge the images seen by the amblyopic eye. This almost always affects only one eye but may manifest with reduction of vision in both eyes. It is estimated that three percent of children under six have some form of amblyopia.





Causes of Lazy Eye


Anything that interferes with clear vision in either eye during the critical period (birth to 6 years of age) can cause amblyopia. The most common causes of amblyopia are constant strabismus (constant turn of one eye), anisometropia (different vision/prescriptions in each eye), and/or blockage of an eye due to cataract, trauma, lid droop, etc.





Treatment of Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)


Treatment involves glasses, drops, vision therapy and/or patching. Recent medical research has proven that amblyopia is successfully treated up to the age of 17.
Your best bet is to see an Opthamologist. They can determine if there's a problem.
my grandma had that problem she got lazor treatment... but glasses also help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color